| Serves: makes 24 | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 35 Minute |
- For the pastry (enough for 24)
- 280g Plain Flour
- 140g Cold Butter, cubed
- 8 TBSP water
- For the filling (enough to fill 12)
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 3 rashers of Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 TSP dried Thyme
- 2 Eggs
- 50ml Double Cream
- 100ml Milk
- 150g Cheddar, grated
- Step 1: To make the pastry put the flour and butter in a processor and pulse until breadcrumbs form. Add the water, 1 TBSP at a time and continue to pulse until the pastry comes together. Tip out, divide into 2 and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 2: Preheat oven to 190c, gently fry the onion, bacon and thyme in a little oil for 10 minutes until cooked. Set aside.
- Step 3: Take the pastry out of the fridge (you can leave the other half of the pastry in the fridge for a couple of days), roll out on floured work surface to 5mm then cut 12 rounds with a scone cutter. Line a 12 hole fairy cake tin with the pastry round then fill each one with the bacon mixture.
- Step 4: In a jug whisk together the eggs, cream and milk and pour equally into the uncooked quiches - don't overfill. Sprinkle the cheese on the top of each one and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and bubbling.