Chocolate Honeycomb Mincemeat Squares
Is it acceptable to be posting festive recipe ideas yet? I hope so as these chocolate squares were pretty amazing.
Baking Mad contacted me recently to see if I would like to recreate, in my own style a recipe from their extensive website. Having had a browse through the hundreds of lovely bakes and cakes, I stumbled across one for Chocolate Honeycomb Squares. I wanted to give the recipe my own festive twist so added some halved glace cherries, mincemeat and a dusting of snowy icing sugar on top. I also used half dark chocolate and half milk chocolate to cut through the sweetness of the cherries and mincemeat.
The bars keep really well in the fridge (up to 2 weeks) so are an ideal make ahead treat or gift. If you wanted to make them more 'adult', you could try using Amaretti biscuits instead of the honeycomb and brandy soaked raisins instead of the glace cherries. Enjoy, these are too good.
CHOCOLATE HONEYCOMB MINCEMEAT SQUARES
| Serves: 16 squares | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: - | Total Time: - |
- 100g Butter
- 100g Milk Chocolate
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 3 TBSP Golden Syrup
- 225g Digestives, crushed
- 120g Honeycomb (Maltesers)
- 100g Glace Cherries, halved
- 2 TBSP Mincemeat
- 75g Dark Chocolate
- 100g Maltesers, halved
- Step 1: Line a 20x20cm tin with greaseproof paper. Melt the butter, chocolate and syrup in a pan over a low heat.
- Step 2: Mix in the cherries, digestives, maltesers and mincemeat into the melted chocolate and press into tin. Put into a fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Step 3: Melt the topping chocolate in a pan then spread onto the set chocolate biscuit base and place the halved maltesers on top. Set, dust with icing sugar if you wish and cut into 16 squares.