Stilton, Bacon and Sage Penne
I created this recipe using a few of the products from my Forman and Field seasonal box, sent as part of the Knorr 'Best of British' campaign which you can read more about here. This dish provides an ideal way of using up leftover Stilton from the Christmas cheeseboard as well as that odd rasher or two of bacon lurking at the back of the fridge. A few dried cranberries thrown in wouldn't go amis, nor would some toasted walnuts sprinkled on top. No need for salt as the cheese and bacon provide plenty already. If you don't have any creme fraiche to hand, use extra thick double cream with a squeeze of lemon juice instead.
Enjoy - this is REALLY good!
STILTON BACON AND SAGE PENNE
| Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 25 Minutes |
- 200g Pasta
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- 2 Rashers of Streaky Bacon - (I used Emmetts from my Knorr Seasonal box)
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 1 TBSP Fresh Sage, chopped
- 100g Stilton, chopped (I used Colton Basset provided in my Knorr Seasonal box) plus extra for the top
- 2 TBSP Creme Fraiche
- Step 1: Cook pasta according to instructions. Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the red onion and bacon for a few minutes.
- Step 2: Add the garlic and sage to the frying pan and continue to cook.
- Step 3: Drain the pasta and tip into the onion mix, stir through the creme fraiche and Stilton and then serve, with more Stilton on top.