Broccoli and Pancetta Spaghetti
This is a lovely quick pasta recipe from the new Silver Spoon Quick and Easy Italian Recipes cook book (I'll be giving one away in a competition soon). The whole family enjoyed it and it was gobbled up without complaint in super quick time. It really is a perfect mid week meal.
The key (I think) is to cut the broccoli into really small florets so its nice and soft - the kids seem to prefer it like that. I might add some peas next time to up the vegetables but it's delicious as it is.
BROCCOLI AND PANCETTA SPAGHETTI
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes |
- 120g Diced Pancetta or Thick Cut Bacon
- 1 Clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 Head of Broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 TBSP Tomato Paste
- 150ml Vegetable Stock
- 350g Spaghetti
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- Step 1: Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the pancetta over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and half the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 2; Stir in the tomato puree and stock, lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Step 3: Meanwhile cook the spaghetti and remaining broccoli in a pan of boiling salted water. Drain and add to the sauce. Stir in the parmesan s it melts then serve.