Microwave meals are back and this is a fab bung it in the microwave recipe that's a real lifesaver when time is short...or when you don't have the use of an oven! People don't tend to use their microwaves for actually making meals but I've found I can do quite a lot in mine...veggie chilli, risotto's, as well as this really flavourful jambalaya with chorizo and red pepper.
I'll be posting more easy microwave meals in the coming weeks so keep an eye out on the blog.
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 22 Minutes | Total Time: 27 Minutes |
- 400g Can of Chopped Tomatoes (with added chilli if you like it spicy)
- Canful (empty can of tomatoes) of Easy Cook Long Grain Rice
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 120g Chorizo Sausage, cut into chunks
- 2 TSP Cajun Seasoning
- Handful of grated cheddar
- Step 1: Empty tin of tomatoes into a large microwaveable bowl. Fill the empty can with rice then add it to the bowl. Now fill the can with water and add this.
- Step 2: Stir in the other ingredients, cover with clingfilm (pierce a few holes in it) and microwave for 10 minutes.
- Step 3: Give it a good stir then return to the microwave for another 12 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- Step 4: Serve with some grated cheddar on top.