Chewy Chocolate Mini Egg Blondie BarsMini Egg Crunch Bars (aka Easter Rocky Road), I wanted to develop a new mini egg creation in time for Easter (we much prefer mini eggs to creme eggs in this house!).
These Chewy Chocolate Mini Egg Blondie Bars are squidgy, chocolatey and absolutely yummy and would make an ideal bake for the Easter weekend. We are away in the Lake District the week before Easter (our first trip to the Lakes!), so I've made a batch of these and stashed them away in the freezer ready to pull out as soon as we get home from our hols.
TOP TIPS FOR MAKING MINI EGG BLONDIE BARS
- The mixture is very sticky so I found it easier to press it into the tin with my hand. Make sure you spread it out to all the corners.
- I added 100g milk chocolate chips to the mixture but you could add white or dark choc chips if you prefer.
- Reserve some of the mini eggs for scattering on top, but make sure you press them into the mixture slightly to stop them burning.
- These bars freeze really well so make a batch now and pull them out over the Easter weekend for your family and friends to enjoy.
OTHER EASTER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- MaltEaster Bunny and Mini Egg White Chocolate Cheesecake from Mummy Mishaps
- Creme Egg Malteser Chocolate Tiffin Bundt Cake from Lavender and Lovage
- Creme Egg Stuffed Brioche from A Mummy Too
- Chocolate Easter Bark from Taming Twins
- Creme Egg Cookies from Fab Food 4 All
CHEWY CHOCOLATE MINI EGG BLONDIE BARS
Chewy Chocolate Mini Egg Blondie Bars
A perfect bake for Easter! Chewy Chocolate Mini Egg Blondie Bars
- 275g Plain Flour
- 1 TSP Bicarbonate of Soda
- 115g Butter, melted
- 75g Golden Caster Sugar
- 125g Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 300g Mini Eggs, chopped
- 100g Milk Chocolate Chips
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 190°c (170°C fan) and line a 20cm square tin with baking paper. Sieve the flour into a large bowl and stir through the bicarbonate of soda, set aside.Step 2: In another bowl mix together the melted butter and sugars (I use an electric whisk for this) until creamy. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract.Step 3: Mix the wet ingredients into the flour and stir until a soft sticky dough like mixture is formed. Stir through the mini eggs and choc chips (reserving a handful of mini eggs for the top), then press the mixture into the tin, scattering the reserved mini eggs on top. Bake for 20 mins and allow to cool overnight before cutting into squares.
Yield: 12 bars
Pin the Chewy Chocolate Mini Egg Blondie Bars for later...