Pork, Spinach and Mushroom Lasagne
There are three sauces in this, a pork ragu, a spinach bechamel and a creamy mushroom, so I'll be honest and say it was a bit of a faff (my Nana loved that word) to make and put together - but well worth it when it came to tasting! It's beautifully rich and creamy and fantastic with a slice of garlic bread.
PORK, SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNE
| Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 1 Hour | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes |
- 375g Lasagne sheets
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- For the Ragu:
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 900g minced pork
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 TBSP Sage, chopped
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 x 400g Tins if Chopped Tomatoes
- For the Mushroom Sauce:
- 110g Butter
- 600g Mushrooms
- 200ml double cream
- 10 spring onions, chopped
- 50g Butter
- 50g Flour
- 700ml Milk
- 200g Cheddar
- 3 tsp English Mustard
- 200g Spinach, chopped
- Step 1: Prepare the ragu by frying the onion for 10 minutes until soft then add the rest of the ragu ingredients and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Step 2: Prepare the mushroom sauce by melting the butter, adding in the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook on a high heat for 5 minutes. Add the cream and continue to cook for 5 minutes, remove from heat and sprinkle in the spring onions.
- Step 3: Prepare the bechamel sauce by melting the butter, adding the flour to make a roux, then gradually whisking in the milk, continue to whisk until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheddar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the spinach and put it back on the heat until wilted.
- Step 4: Butter a large lasagne dish then spread a little spinach bechamel on the bottom, lay over lasagne sheets. Then spread over the ragu, followed by a layer of spinach becahamel and finally mushroom sauce. Start again with the lasagne sheets, ragu, spinach bechamel and finally mushroom sauce. Continue until all the sauces are used up except the spinach bechamel, which you need this for the top. Finish with the spinach bechamel and sprinkle over the Parmesan.
- Step 5: Bake in oven (200c/180Cfan) for 30 minutes.