Spicy Sausage and Bean Casserole
Tastes like you've spent hours cooking, but in reality it takes about 40 minutes - my kind of nosh then! I've used pork and chorizo sausages in this but something like a Toulouse sausage would also work.
SPICY SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 25 Minutes | Total Time: 35 Minutes |
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 6 spicy sausages
- 6 slices streaky bacon, chopped
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 x 400g tin Haricot Beans, drained and rinsed
- Glass of white wine
- 200ml stock - I used chicken
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Step 1: Brown the sausages in the oil and once browned remove from the pan, slice and set aside. Add the bacon and fry for 5 minutes then add in the leeks and garlic and cook until soft.
- Step 2: Add the sausages back into the pan and then tip in the beans, wine, stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Step 3: When you are ready to serve, sprinkle in the parsley. I served this dish with some crusty bread.