This cheesy squash gratin is the perfect partner to Roast Chicken, or it could be served as a stand alone Vegetarian meal with a side salad. Either way, you can't beat the cheesy creamy sauce that oozes and bubbles all over the slices of squash.
CHEESY BUTTERNUT SQUASH GRATIN
By Beth Sachs, 19th May 2010
- 2 Butternut Squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 5mm slices
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 250ml Double Cream
- 100g Parmesan, grated
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180c/160fan/Gas 4.
- Step 2: In an ovenproof dish (about 1.5l) layer up the slices of squash and season.
- Step 3: In a saucepan bring the cream and the crushed garlic to the boil then pour over the squash. Sprinkle over the Parmesan.
- Step 4: Bake for 1 hour (cover with foil if it starts to brown too much on top).
Yield: serves 6-8 as part of a roast
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour