There is something about risotto that is so comforting, even on a hot summers day. We enjoyed this sat out on the deck in the early evening sun, with a large glass of wine (of course!) listening to the cricket on the radio - bliss!
CHORIZO AND PEA RISOTTO
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes |
- 1 TBSP Butter and Splash of Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 150g Chorizo, sliced
- 250g Risotto Rice
- 800ml Vegetable Stock (you may not need all of the stock)
- 1 Glass White Wine
- Handful of Frozen Peas
- 2 TBSP Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese (I used Bocaddon Farm Cheese I picked up from The Royal Cornwall Show)
- Handful of Parmesan, grated
- Salt and Pepper
- Step 1: Fry the onion and chorizo in the butter and garlic until the onion is soft.
- Step 2: Add the risotto rice and stir to coat, before pouring in the wine. Let it bubble for a few seconds before starting to add the stock, a ladleful at a time.
- Step 3: A couple of ladlefuls before the end add the frozen peas.
- Step 4: When the risotto rice is cooked, stir through the cream cheese and finally the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper (you wont need a lot of salt as the chorizo is quite salty).