Chorizo and Cheddar Risotto
What a weekend! We enjoyed a fab Royal Wedding Party on Friday (didn't she look lovely). I made a batch of Fruity Chocolate Crunch Bars to take along...and they were polished off within the hour (much to the dismay of my husband who was hoping to find some in his lunchbox this week). Saturday saw the return of Ballet and Swimming lessons after the Easter holidays, as well as a trip to A&E with said husband - his head had a falling out with some wire. Its all fine now - they have glued him back together. Sunday and Monday were spent gardening ....and we're not talking weeding and mowing the lawn type gardening, no we are talking building walls, moving tons of earth and other heavy duty stuff. Phew!!
So as you can probably imagine a hearty comforting risotto was called for tonight before normality returns tomorrow. This risotto is one that the whole family seems to enjoy. Kids appreciate (or at least mine do) the creaminess that the cheddar brings and its even more perfect with a well deserved glass of wine for the adults.
CHORIZO AND CHEDDAR RISOTTO
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes |
- 20g Butter
- Glug Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 75g Chorizo, sliced
- 1 TSP Dried Thyme
- 250g Risotto Rice
- 1/2 Glass of White Wine
- 600ml Vegetable Stock
- Handful of Frozen Peas
- 100g Cheddar, grated
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- Salt and Pepper
- Step 1: Heat the butter and oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion until softened.
- Step 2: Add the chorizo and Thyme and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Step 3: Add the risotto rice and coat the in buttery onion mixture then turn the heat up and add the wine- let it reduce for a minute.
- Step 4: Start adding ladlefuls of stock, one at a time. When you get to the last few ladles throw in the peas.
- Step 5: Season with salt and pepper and stir through the cheeses.
- Step 6: Serve with a glass of wine and enjoy.