A little Friday treat for the kids (and adults too) that are easy to whip up as an after school snack. It's also a crafty way to use up some of those Easter Eggs still hanging around....we still have about 10 in this house.
MILK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
| Serves: makes 12 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 20 Minutes |
- 125g Butter, room temperature
- 100g Light Muscavado Sugar
- 2 TBSP Golden Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 150g Milk Chocolate Chips (or broken up Easter Egg)
- 160g Self Raising Flour
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180c and grease a large baking sheet.
- Step 2: Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale. Add the golden syrup, vanilla extract and the egg and beat until combined.
- Step 3: Mix in the flour and milk chocolate chips then spoon tsp of the mixture onto the baking sheet (space well apart) and flatten down slightly with the back of a fork.
- Step 4: Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Take out and leave to firm up for a few minutes before tasting.