Courgette and Goats Cheese Quiche
I hadn't made quiche in quite a while so I thought I would pair the courgettes with some soft goats cheese that had been sitting in my fridge for far too long, as well as some spring onions and rosemary (also from the allotment) and the usual eggs and cream in a shortcrust pastry case.
It turned out rather tasty and will be providing my lunch for the next few days. If you have some cherry tomatoes feel free to add them (halved) on top of the quiche before baking.
COURGETTE AND GOATS CHEESE QUICHE
| Serves: 6 | Prep Time: | Cook Time: | Total Time: |
- For the pastry case:
- 225g Plain Flour
- 100g Butter
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 3-4 TBSP water
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Sprig of Rosemary, needles only
- 2 eggs
- 100ml Double Cream
- 100g Soft Goats Cheese
- Pinch Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper
- Step 1: Make the pastry by pulsing the flour, salt and butter in a food processor until breadcrumbs form. Add the water a TBSP at a time until the pastry comes together. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Step 2: Preheat the oven to 190c. Roll out pastry on a floured surface and line a 20cm flan tin. Line the pastry with baking paper and fill with baking beans and bake for 15 minutes. Take out of the oven, remove baking beans and paper and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Step 3: Turn down the oven to 170c. Fry the courgettes, spring onions and rosemary in a little oil for 5 minutes until softened and then spoon into pastry case.
- Step 4: Whisk the eggs, cream and nutmeg together in a bowl and season. Pour into pastry case.
- Step 5: Crumble the goats cheese on top and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.
- Step 6: Serve with a green salad.