Wild garlic is in abundance in my garden at the moment. I've already made some batches of wild garlic pesto which are stashed in the fridge (great for a quick and easy pasta supper) but decided to make a more robust sauce for pasta using the raw leaves. I stirred the sauce through some four cheese tortellini but any type of pasta, fresh or dried would be fine.
WILD GARLIC, MUSHROOM AND BACON SAUCE
| Serves: 2 as a pasta sauce | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 15 Minutes |
- 4 Rashers Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 150g Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced
- Handful of Wild Garlic, shredded
- 200ml Creme Fraiche
- Handful of Parmesan, grated
- Ground Black Pepper
- Step 1: Fry the bacon, mushroom and garlic in some oil unitl cooked.
- Step 2: Add the creme fraiche and parmesan and stir to combine.
- Step 3: Serve stirred through your favourite pasta with a grinding of black pepper.