Spicy Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Curry
If you wanted a milder curry then use Korma curry paste instead of Rogan Josh. I served this with naan breads and mango chutney but if you wanted to stretch it a bit further then serve some pilau rice alongside.
SPICY SWEET POTATO, CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 40 Minutes | Total Time: 55 Minutes |
- 2 Red Onions, sliced
- 3 heaped TBSP of Rogan Josh Curry Paste
- 3cm Piece of Ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 Red chilli
- Bunch of Coriander, leaves removed (to use as garnish later), stalks chopped finely
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, chopped into 2cm dice
- 400g Tin of Chickpeas, drained
- 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Tin Coconut Milk
- Bag of Spinach
- Step 1: Heat a glug of oil in a large pan and add the onion and curry paste. Cook for 10 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Step 2: Add the ginger, chilli, coriander stalks, sweet potatoes and chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes. Add the tin of tomatoes then cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Step 3: Remove the lid and cook for a further 15 minutes then stir in the coconut milk and bag of spinach.
- Step 4: Cook for a few minutes to wilt the spinach then serve with warmed naan bread and mango chutney.