Mincemeat Crumble Slices
I like Mince Pies but I don't love them - I've never been a massive fan of pastry if I'm honest. What I definitely do love however are these Mincemeat Crumble Slices. Moreish, crumbly, buttery crumble sandwiching moist fruity mincemeat - yum! .
You can make the crumble really quickly in a food processor but I prefer to rub in the butter and flour by hand. Once cooked and cooled I pop the whole tin in the fridge overnight to firm up, before cutting into large squares. A dollop of clotted cream on top is lovely, or you could reheat slices in the microwave and serve it as a warm pudding with custard.
MINCEMEAT CRUMBLE SLICES
| Serves: makes 12 squares | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 35 Minutes | Total Time: 50 Minutes |
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 225g Unsalted Butter
- 50g Light Muscavado Sugar
- 1 TSP Mixed Spice
- 400g Jar of Mincemeat
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180c and line a 20x30cm traybake tin with baking paper.
- Step 2: Rub the butter and flour together until you get a mixture that resembles large breadcrumbs.
- Step 3: Stir in the sugar and mixed spice.
- Step 4: Press half of the mixture into the baking tin and pack it down firmly.
- Step 5: Spread the jar of mincemeat on top then scatter over the rest of the crumble mixture- pressing down lightly.
- Step 6: Bake for 30-35 minutes or until brown on top. Cool then cut into slices.