Crispy Peanut Butter Bars
These bars make great packed lunch treats for children and you could add a handful of dried fruit or seeds (apricots, raisins or even chia seeds) to give them some extra goodness.
CRISPY PEANUT BUTTER BARS
| Serves: 12 bars | Prep Time: 6 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes | Total Time: 14 minutes |
- 75g Crispy Rice Cereal
- 150g Oats
- 75g Light Brown Sugar
- 100ml Golden Syrup
- 125g Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- Step 1: Grease and line a 30 x 20cm tin and preheat the oven to 160c (140c fan).
- Step 2: In a large bowl mix together the rice cereal and pats.
- Step 3: In a saucepan melt together the sugar, syrup, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Pour over the cereal and mix together.
- Step 4: Press mixture into tin and bake for 8 minutes. Cool before cutting into slices.