This is an American recipe so if you don't have proper american cups just use a teacup.
By Beth Sachs, 18th August 2008
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups oats (not instant)
- juice of 3 lemons
- zest of 2 lemons, chopped fine
- zest of 1 orange, chopped fine
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180c and butter a 20cm baking tray.
- Step 2: Cream together the butter and sugar, add the oats and flour and press the dough into the pan.
- Step 3: Mix together the condensed milk, lemon zest, juice and orange zest and pour over the dough
- Step 4: Bake for 30-35 minutes and cool before cutting into squares.
Yield: 12 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes