Prawn and Vegetable Curry
I was given some Very Lazy Ginger to sample recently and decided to try it out in this Prawn and Vegetable Curry. I've only ever used fresh ginger in curries so was very interested to see how it would compare. The result - well you couldn't taste the difference and a definite plus point of the lazy variety is that the jar can be kept in the fridge for 3 months - no more mouldy ginger for me!
This is a very easy curry to pull together, perfect for a Friday night.
PRAWN AND VEGETABLE CURRY
| Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes |
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 100g Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 TSP Very Lazy Ginger
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 3 TBSP Madras Curry Paste
- Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- Handful of Frozen Peas
- Handful of Baby Spinach
- 200g Cooked King Prawns
- Step 1: Fry the onion until softened, then add the mushrooms, lazy ginger and garlic and fry for a further few minutes.
- Step 2: Add the curry paste, give it a stir then pour in the tin of chopped tomatoes, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes - season well with salt and pepper.
- Step 3: Throw in the prawns, spinach and peas and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until the spinach has wilted and the peas are cooked through.
- Step 4: Serve with rice and naan breads.