Shortbread in a Food Processor
I broke my food processor recently, entirely my own fault, but the moto of the story is do not try and stuff as many smoked mackerel fillets in there as physically possible - just wont do it any good!
I couldn't be without a processor so I ordered one straight away. It arrived on my doorstep the next day and I decided to christen it with some really simple Shortbread. I've never really used processors for anything other than chopping before, but I'm determined to make full use of this one...and try my hardest not to lose any of the attachments!
SHORTBREAD IN A FOOD PROCESSOR
| Serves: Makes 15 biscuits | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes |
- 125g Butter, cut into cubes
- 60g Caster Sugar
- 175g Plain Flour
- 1-2 TBSP MIlk
- 1/2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180c/160fan.
- Step 2: Place Butter, Sugar and Flour into the processor and blitz until you get a mixture that resembles breadcrumbs.
- Step 3: Add the milk 1 TBSP at a time (you might only need 1 TBSP) and the Vanilla Extract and pulse until a dough forms.
- Step 4: Take the dough out of the processor and knead for 2 minutes then roll out to a thickness of 1cm on a floured surface. Cut into shapes using a cutter, place the biscuits on a non stick baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.