Apple, Raisin and Cinnamon Muffins
Apparently today is Blue Monday - the most depressing day of the year. It also happens to be the day before my birthday and as this year I am nudging ever closer to the big 30, I do happen to be feeling a little 'blue'. I needed some baking therapy and these apple muffins were whipped up to alleviate my mood. They are not overly sweet, which was intentional as I wanted to be able to toast them to serve with some sharp cheddar (as well as eating as they are) for tomorrows 'birthday' lunch, if there are any left!
APPLE, RAISIN AND CINNAMON MUFFINS
| Serves: makes 12 Muffins | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 25 Minutes | Total Time: 35 Minutes |
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 100g Golden Caster Sugar
- 210ml Milk
- 100g Butter, melted
- 300g Plain Flour
- 2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- Handful of raisins
- 3 Eating Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- Demerera Sugar for Sprinkling on top
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 190c/170 fan/Gas 5 and line a 12 hole tin with muffin cases.
- Step 2: Mix together the eggs, sugar, melted butter and milk in a large bowl then sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Step 3: Finally, add the chopped apple and raisins and mix lightly. Spoon into prepared cases and sprinkle with demerera sugar and bake for 20-25 minutes.