Spanish Style Chicken and Chorizo Stew
A warming one pot supper to enjoy before the longer, lighter and (hopefully) warmer days herald the return to salads and BBQ foods. Serve with some crusty bread, or rice if you prefer.
The smoked paprika gives this dish a wonderful smokey flavour but if you like it a little hotter, add an extra tsp of chilli flakes.
SPANISH STYLE CHICKEN AND CHORIZO STEW
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 40 Minutes | Total Time: 50 Minutes |
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- Sprig of Thyme
- 150g Chorizo, sliced
- 1 heaped TSP Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 TSP Chilli Flakes
- 4 Chicken Breasts, chopped
- 400g Tin of Tomatoes
- 200ml Chicken Stock
- 400g Tin of Kidney Beans
- Salt and Pepper
- Parsley to serve
- Step 1: In a large casserole, heat 2 TBSP of oil and gently fry the onions for a few minutes. Add the garlic, thyme, smoked paprika, chilli and chorizo and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Turn the heat up and quickly brown the chicken, then add the tomatoes and stock and salt and pepper, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Step 3: Add the kidney beans and continue to cook for another 20 minutes.
- Step 4: Serve sprinkled with parsley with some crusty bread.