A hearty sausage pasta dish.
SAUCY SAUSAGE PASTA
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Total Time: 40 Minutes |
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 TSP chilli powder
- 1 courgette, halved and sliced
- 6 sausages, each one cut into 5-6 pieces
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 TSP sugar
- 100ml double cream
- 100g grated cheddar
- Salt and Pepper
- 300g Penne Pasta
- Step 1: Gently fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the chilli flakes and courgette and continue to cook for few minutes.
- Step 2: When the courgette is starting to colour, turn up the heat and add the sausages. Fry until the sausages are almost cooked through.
- Step 3: Add the tomatoes, sugar and cream and simmer for 15-20 minutes, meanwhile cook the pasta and drain. Stir through the grated cheddar through the sauce and let it melt in before tossing with the cooked pasta.