Baked Squash Risotto
We have just enjoyed this lovely baked risotto for dinner, using the squash, 1 onion, some butter and Cheddar from the Farmison Veg and Dairy box I received on Friday. It requires no stirring so perfect when you are too busy to stand by the hob. The amount below serves 2 (the kids had a cooked lunch at School/Nursery) but you can easily double everything to serve 4.
BAKED SQUASH RISOTTO
| Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 40 Minutes | Total Time: 50 Minutes |
- 1 small Squash, cut into wedges (skin still on)
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 rashers of smoked Bacon, chopped
- 1 TSP Dried Thyme
- 200g Risotto Rice
- 600ml Vegetable Stock
- 150g Mature Cheddar, grated
- Step 1: Heat the oven to 180c. Put the squash into a roasting tin, drizzle with oil, season and put in the oven - roast for 30 minutes until tender.
- Step 2: Meanwhile heat a casserole with some oil and fry the onion and bacon until cooked, add the thyme and risotto rice and give it a stir. Add the stock, put a lid on and place in the oven with the squash.
- Step 3: Bake for around 20 minutes then take out of the oven with the squash. Chop the squash into small chunks and mix through the risotto. Stir in the grated cheddar and serve.