Creamy Sausage, Pea and Mushroom Pasta
You can't beat a good pasta dish and this one is my children's all time favourite, just pipping Nigella's Marmite Spaghetti (don't knock it until you've tried it) to top spot.
I make the creamy sausage sauce and pop it into the freezer, ready to pull out on a busy weeknight. If your kids don't like mushrooms - mine aren't that keen to be honest, but I continue to persevere- then swap for some diced courgettes.
CREAMY SAUSAGE, PEA AND MUSHROOM PASTA
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes |
- 1 Onion, sliced thinly
- 1 TSP Dried Thyme
- 6 Pork Sausages, each one cut into 4 pieces
- 100g Mushrooms, sliced
- 100g Frozen Peas
- 1 Beef Stock Pot (I use Knorr)
- 200ml Double Cream
- 350g Pasta
- Parmesan to serve
- Step 1: Gently fry the sliced onion and thyme in a large frying pan until soft and starting to brown (about 10 minutes). Meanwhile cook the pasta according to instructions.
- Step 2: Turn up the heat to the frying pan, add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes before popping in the sausages.
- Step 3: Once the sausages are browned add the beef stock pot, cream and frozen peas. Let the sauce simmer for about 6-7 minutes.
- Step 4: Drain the pasta and combine with the creamy sausage sauce. Serve with grated Parmesan.