You can't beat a good pasta dish and this one is my children's all time favourite, just pipping Nigella's Marmite Spaghetti (don't knock it until you've tried it) to top spot.
I make the creamy sausage sauce and pop it into the freezer, ready to pull out on a busy weeknight. If your kids don't like mushrooms - mine aren't that keen to be honest, but I continue to persevere- then swap for some diced courgettes.
OTHER CREAMY PASTA RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta from Jam and Clotted Cream
- Creamy Veggie Tortellini Soup from Jam and Clotted Cream
- Creamy Chicken and Pepper Pasta (GF) from The Kitchen Shed
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta from Charlotte's Lively Kitchen
CREAMY SAUSAGE, PEA AND MUSHROOM PASTA
Creamy Sausage, Mushroom and Pea Pasta
A creamy sausage, mushroom and pea pasta recipe.
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 TSP Dried Thyme
- 150g Chestnut Mushroom, sliced
- 6 Pirk Sausages, chopped into big chunks (or use 18 chipolatas)
- 200ml Double Cream
- 1 Beef Stock Pot
- 100g Frozen Peas
- 100g Parmesan, grated
- 300g Pasta
Step 1: Heat a glug of oil in a large frying pan ad gently fry the onions for 10 minutes until starting to colour. Add the thyme and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutesStep 2: Turn up the heat and add in the sausages and cook for 5 minutes until browned.Step 3: Stir in the double cream, stock pot, peas and parmesan and simmer for 10 minutes.
Yield: 4 adult servings
Pin the Sausage Pasta for later ...
KEEP IN TOUCH