These triple chocolate brownies are AMAZING (so the kids and hubby tell me). The secret I find is to pop them in the fridge overnight to firm up before slicing. They still stay gooey but are much easier to get out of the tin without falling apart.
Have a good weekend everyone.
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
| Serves: makes 12 | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 25 Minutes | Total Time: 40 Minutes |
- 185g Butter
- 185g Dark Chocolate
- 55g Plain Flour
- 30g Ground Almonds
- 40g Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 3 Eggs
- 275g Caster Sugar
- 50g Milk Chocolate chunks
- 50g White Chocolate chinks
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180c (160 fan) and line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- Step 2: Melt the dark chocolate and butter together in the microwave - I do 20 seconds at a time and then stir. Be careful not to overdo it. Set aside to cool
- Step 3: In another bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar until you have a mousse like consistency. With my handheld electric whisk it takes 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Pour the cooled chocolate mixture into the eggy mixture and stir to combine. Add the flour, ground almonds and cocoa powder and continue to stir in until all combined.
- Step 5: Add the milk and white choc chunks then pour the mix into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Once cooled place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (overnight is better) before slicing.