Cinnamon and Clementine Rolls... in your Breadmaker
If you're still looking for a special Christmas Day breakfast to make for your family then these Cinnamon and Clementine Rolls should definitely be on your radar. To make life easy (particularly helpful at this time of year) you can make the dough in your breadmaker (although I do give instructions below for making by hand too) and then it's just a quick assembly job before you get to taste the most amazing sticky sweet buns you could ever imagine. If you didn't want to be up at the crack of dawn to get the dough made, then just make it the day before and pop it in the fridge (in a large bowl covered tightly with clingfilm), ready for the following morning. You might just need to bash it down a bit before rolling it out.
I'd usually make a simple icing sugar glaze for yeasted buns like these, but I tried out a cream cheese icing this time....and OH MY it wins hands down. Just make sure the butter you use for the cream cheese icing is salted. It really does make all the difference.
TOP TIPS FOR MAKING CINNAMON ROLLS
- The easiest way to make the dough is in your breadmaker, but if you would like to make it by hand that's no problem. Just dissolve the yeast in the warm milk (in a large bowl) and mix in the sugar, butter, salt and eggs. Add the flour and mix really well. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface and form into a large ball. Place the dough into a clean bowl and cover with a tea towel. Prove for around 1 hour 30 minutes until doubled in size then continue the recipe from Step 2 below.
- If you fancied a fruity filling, sprinkle a handful of raisins on top of the cinnamon sugar mix before rolling up the dough and slicing (refer to Step 3 below).
- If you don't have cream cheese in your fridge you can replace the cream cheese icing with a simple icing glaze. Mix 200g Icing Sugar with as much Clementine Juice (or plain water if you prefer) as it takes to make a thick and glossy icing and spoon that onto the cinnamon rolls instead.
OTHER CINNAMON ROLL RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
CINNAMON CLEMENTINE ROLLS
Cinnamon Clementine Rolls
Cinnamon and Clementine Sweet Yeasted Rolls with a Cream Cheese Icing. Make the dough in your breadmaker for a super simple Christmas morning breakfast.
- For the dough:
- 600g Strong White Bread Flour
- 2 ½ TSP Dried Yeast
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1 TSP Salt
- 250ml Full fat milk, warm
- 2 Eggs
- 75g Unsalted Butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 200g Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 TBSP Ground Cinnamon
- 75g Unsalted Butter, melted
- For the icing:
- 100g Full Fat Cream Cheese, softened
- 50g Salted Butter, melted
- 200g Icing Sugar
- Zest of 1 Clementine
Step 1: Place the dough ingredients in your breadmaker (in the order listed) and put it on a basic dough function programme (it’s programme 16 on my Panasonic) .Step 2: Once the programme has finished turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to 40 x 50cm rectangle.Step 3: Spread the melted better (for the filling) onto the rolled out dough then sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon. Roll up like a swiss roll and cut into 12 slicesStep 4: Grease a 20 x 30cm tin and place the slices cut side up in the tin. Leave to prove for 30 minutesStep 5: Preheat the oven to 200°C (180° C Fan) then bake the cinnamon and clementine rolls for about 15 minutes.Step 6: Mix the icing ingredients in a bowl and spoon over the warm rolls. Cool then grate over some more clementine zest and enjoy!
Yield 12 rolls
Pin the Cinnamon and Clementine Rolls for later...