Chinese Chicken & Cashew Nuts
If you're celebrating with friends and family this weekend make sure you try this super easy Chinese style Chicken and Cashew Nut dish. Serve with a big bowl of egg fried rice...and don't forget the prawn crackers! It tastes just like my favourite dish from the local Chinese takeaway.
TOP TIPS FOR MAKING CHINESE CHICKEN AND CASHEW NUTS
- Make sure your frying pan is really hot before frying the chicken.
- Add more veggies like baby corn, mushrooms or mangetout.
- Serve the chicken and cashew nuts over some egg fried rice or soft noodles.
- Make it spicy by adding 1 chopped red chilli at the same time as the onion.
- Make is vegetarian by replacing the chicken with quorn pieces.
OTHER CHINESE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Honey Glazed Chicken with Chinese Five Spice from A Glug of Oil
- Slow Cooker Chinese Chicken Curry from Jam and Clotted Cream
- Jan's Chicken Chow Mein from A Glug Of Oil
- Chinese Garlic, Ginger, Honey Chicken with Noodles from Lavender and Lovage
- Spicy Beef Chow Mein from Jo's Kitchen
- Duck and Plum Salad from Farmersgirl Kitchen
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chinese Chicken from Munchies and Munchkins
- Chinese Little Gem and Tofu Soup from A Mummy Too
CHINESE CHICKEN AND CASHEW NUTS
Chinese Chicken and Cashew Nuts
A Chinese style Chicken and Cashew Nut recipe.
- 2 TBSP Cornflour
- 150ml Chicken Stock
- 3 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1 TBSP Sesame Oil
- 4 Chicken Breasts, chopped into large chunks
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb size Piece of Ginger, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 tin Water Chestnuts, drained
- 100g Cashew Nuts
- 2 Spring Onions, chopped
Step 1: In a bowl dissolve the cornflour into the hot chicken stock and soy sauce and set aside.Step 2: Heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the chicken pieces on a high heat until cooked. Remove onto a plate with a slotted spoon.Step 3: Add a little more oil to the pan then fry the onion, garlic, ginger peppers, water chestnuts and cashew nuts for a few minutes.Step 4: Add the sauce into the pan, bring to a boil then turn down the heat and add the chicken back into the pan to warm through.Step 5: Serve with Egg Fried Rice and garnish with chopped spring onions.
Yield: 4 adult portions
Pin the Chinese Chicken and Cashew Nuts recipe for later...
KEEP IN TOUCHFacebook