Chocolate Fudge BrowniesOh my goodness these Chocolate Fudge Brownies are SO YUMMY...good enough to ditch the January diet for! Dense and fudgy, they will satisfy your sweet tooth cravings and then some! Hidden inside the chocolatey exterior are pieces of buttery fudge for an extra sweet hit. Feel free to leave the fudge out if you prefer, or swap it for some dried fruits and nuts instead (cranberries, sour cherries, and walnuts would be good) .... but I REALLY like the fudge!
Put these on your baking list for the weekend and everyone in your family will love you forever. They are, in the words of my 9 year old, 'epic'. Let me know if you try them!
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- Make sure all the ingredients, especially the eggs are at room temperature.
- For a clean cut brownie, let them cool fully in the tin then place in the fridge overnight before cutting into slices. Clean the knife off with kitchen paper between each cut.
- Swap the fudge pieces for some sour cherries and walnuts for a fruit and nut version.
- Brownies freeze really well so make a batch and freeze some for a rainy day. Just place in a tupperware box and layer with baking paper to prevent them sticking together.
OTHER CHOCOLATE BROWNIES RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES
The Best Chocolate Fudge Brownies
A dense chocolate brownie recipe studded with sweet fudge pieces.
- 300g Plain Chocolate (less than 60% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 125g Butter
- 1 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- 90g Golden Caster Sugar
- 150g Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 100g Plain Flour
- 100g Fudge pieces
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180c/160cfan. Line a 20x30cm baking tin.Step 2: Place the chocolate, butter and cocoa powder in a microwaveable bowl and melt in the microwave. I do 10 second bursts and stir in between to make sure it doesn't burn.Step 3: Stir in the sugars, eggs and flour. Pour half into the tin, scatter over the fudge then pour the other half of the mixture on top making sure the fudge is submerged.Step 4: Bake for 25 minutes. Once out of the oven allow to cool then pop in the fridge overnight. It makes cutting it an awful lot easier.
Yield: 12 slices
Pin the Chocolate Fudge Brownies for later...
KEEP IN TOUCHFacebook