Milk Chocolate & Fudge Cookies
These Milk Chocolate and Fudge Cookies make the perfect after school snack for hungry kids. My lot are usually starving when they get home from school, especially if they've had after school sports clubs (here it's swimming on Mondays, football on Wednesdays, netball on Thursdays and tennis on Fridays!). I usually try and palm them off with some fruit before tea but sometimes they NEED a glass of milk and a homemade cookie to satisfy their hunger pangs....and sometimes Mummy needs one with her cuppa too!
TOP TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE AND FUDGE COOKIES
- Swap the milk chocolate for white chocolate or dark chocolate if you prefer.
- Add a handful of raisins or chopped apricots to the cookie dough for extra goodness.
- The cookies freeze really well so stash some away in the deep freeze and pull them out the night before you need them.
- If you don't have Maple Syrup use ordinary Golden Syrup or Honey instead.
OTHER COOKIE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
MILK CHOCOLATE FUDGE COOKIES
Milk Chocolate Fudge Cookies
A sweet cookie made with milk chocolate chips and English Butter fudge
- 130g Butter, softened
- 50g Maple Syrup
- 150g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 240g Plain Flour
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 100g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 75g Fudge, chopped into small pieces
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180°c/160°c fan and line two baking sheets with baking paper.Step 2: In a large bowl beat together the butter, syrup and sugar until light and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.Step 3: Sieve in the flour and baking powder and mix to combine then fold through the milk choc chips and fudge.Step 4: Roll the cookie dough into small balls, about the size of a walnut then place on the baking sheets, leaving at least 5cm between them.Step 5: Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes and cool on a wire rack
Pin the Milk Chocolate and Fudge Cookies for later...