I'm kicking off my return to all things blogging with this yummy and super easy Slow Cooker Chicken & Sweet Potato Curry. This recipe is perfect for fussy veggie hating little ones as the sweet potato cubes almost melt into the korma sauce, creating a lovely thick, tasty and nutritious curry, with hardly any visible signs of sweet potato (you can mash up the last little bits if any remain...can you tell I have a fussy one to contend with myself!?).
I cheat and use a good quality korma curry paste in this, but if you have the time and inclination feel free to make your own.
TOP TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO CURRY
- Try adding butternut squash cubes instead or as well as the sweet potato.
- A handful of frozen peas chucked in for the last hour of cooking adds some extra goodness and colour to the korma.
- If you like your curry a bit hotter and your kids can handle it, add 1 chopped red chilli to the slow cooker pot.
- Serve the curry with basmati rice, naan breads and lots of mango chutney.
- Any leftovers can be frozen, but it will happily keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
OTHER CURRY RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN & SWEET POTATO CURRY
Slow Cooker Chicken & Sweet Potato Korma
A child friendly slow cooker chicken and sweet potato korma.
- 1kg Chicken Breasts, chopped into large chunks
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed into 2cm dice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2cm Piece of Ginger, peeled and grated
- 5 TBSP Korma Curry Pasta
- 300ml Chicken Stock
- 6 TBSP Ground Almonds
- 5 TBSP Double Cream
- 2 TBSP Chopped Coriander to serve
Step 1: Place the chicken, sweet potato, onion, garlic and ginger in a large slow cooker pot.Step 2: In a jug mix together the stock, korma paste, ground almonds and pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.Step 3: Mix through the double cream then serve with the chopped coriander.
Yield: 6 adult portions
Pin the Slow Cooker Chicken and Sweet Potato Curry for later...
KEEP IN TOUCHFacebook