As Nigella says 'they are dark, damp and melt in the mouth' - and they really are! These festive snow-flecked brownies come from my favourite Nigella book 'Feast' and I whipped them up for a family gathering last weekend. The recipe makes 20 bars - a lot you may think - but I can assure you there wont be any leftovers.
SNOW FLECKED BROWNIES
| Serves: Makes 20 | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 25 Minutes | Total Time: 40 Minutes |
- 375g Unsalted Butter
- 375g Dark Chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 350g Caster Sugar
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 225g Plain Flour
- 1 TSP Salt
- 250g White Chocolate Buttons
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180c/160C fan. Line sides and base of 33 x 23 x 5cm tin with baking parchment.
- Step 2: Melt the butter and dark chocolate in heavy based saucepan over a low heat.
- Step 3: In a measuring jug beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Step 4: Allow chocolate mixture to cool then add egg/sugar mix and beat well. Fold in flour and salt then stir in white chocolate.
- Step 5: Pour brownie mix into tin and bake for 25 minutes.