My perfect Friday night supper served with a nice crusty baguette. You could try substituting the feta with another cheese - perhaps mozzarella, but I personally love the salty richness that feta brings to a dish.
For a vegetarian alternative just omit the bacon!
TOMATO, FETA AND BACON BAKE
| Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 25 Minutes |
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Rashers of Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 TSP Chili Flakes
- 2 x 400g Tins of Plum Tomatoes
- 2 TBSP Fresh Oregano Leaves, chopped
- 400g Feta, cut into chunks
- Serve with crusty bread
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 200c/180 fan/ Gas 6. Cook with onion, garlic and bacon in a pan for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Add the chili flakes and tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Step 3: Stir in the oregano and season to taste.
- Step 4: In an oven proof dish scatter the feta over the bottom before spooning over the sauce.
- Step 5: Bake for 20 minutes and serve with crusty bread.