Double Chocolate Cranberry Brownies
These happened by accident but my goodness I'm glad they did. I had a little bit of cranberry sauce leftover in a jar as well as half a packet of dried cranberries, so decided to develop this naughty chocolate brownie recipe full of festive flavour.
The brownies turned out moist and fudgy - helped by the cranberry sauce I'm sure - and were gobbled up by hubby's work colleagues in minutes. I'm going to be making some more for Boxing Day! They really were THAT GOOD.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY BROWNIES
| Serves: makes 12 squares | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 25 Minutes | Total Time: 35 Minutes |
- 150g Dark Chooclate
- 200g Butter
- 200g Soft Brown Sugar
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 40g Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 3 Large Eggs, beaten
- 50g Dried Cranberries
- 100g White Chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 60g Cranberry Sauce
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180c and line a 20 x 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Step 2: In a large microwavable bowl melt the chocolate and butter - I zap it for 20 seconds at a time so it doesn't overcook. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 3: In another bowl mix together the sugar, cocoa and flour then pour in the melted chocolate mix and stir to combine.
- Step 4: Beat in the eggs then fold through the cranberry sauce, dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
- Step 4: Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool overnight before cutting into squares.