The blackberries and raspberries I had stashed away in the freezer last August were defrosted and the apples were duly peeled and chopped - and that was the hardest part of this recipe. The 3 year old made the crumble topping, which kept her quiet for a good 10 minutes - always a bonus when hubby is watching the footie. Then, after a 45 minute blast in the oven out popped a beautifully golden crumble with the dark red juices bubbling up at the sides.
APPLE, RASPBERRY AND BLACKBERRY CRUMBLE
| Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 45 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour |
- 900g Bramley Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 250g Blackberries, defrost if frozen
- 250g Raspberries, defrost if frozen
- 150g Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lemon
- For the Crumble
- 225g Plain Flour
- 175g Butter, cubed
- 50g Demerera Sugar
- 125g Oats
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 200c/180fan. Put the chopped apples, raspberries and blackberries in an ovenproof dish (I used a lasagne dish). Sprinkle with the sugar and squeeze over juice of 1 lemon.
- Step 2: Rub together the flour and butter then stir in the sugar and oats and mix thoroughly.
- Step 3: Bake in the oven for 45 minutes - cover with foil if top browning too much.