Totally moreish, these oaty cookies are the perfect pick me during the mid afternoon 'slump'. Be careful not to eat too many though, it's all too easy as I found out!
| Serves: Makes 28 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 12 Minutes | Total Time: 22 Minutes |
- 175g Self Raising Flour
- 175g Golden Granulated Sugar
- 75g Rolled Oats
- 175g Butter
- 2 TBSP Golden Syrup
- 1 TSP Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180c/Gas 4 and grease 2 baking sheets.
- Step 2: Put the flour, oats, sugar, bicarb and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Step 3: Melt the butter and syrup in a pan on a low heat then pour into dry ingredients and mix.
- Step 4: Roll into 28 balls, place on baking sheets and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Step 5: Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, cool slightly before removing to a wire rack using a fish slice.